Remix is a frontend focused framework that delivers modern web experiences but by relying on web standards. The SST community has been looking for a way to deploy a Remix app with SST.
Frank made a couple of changes and merged the PR to officially add the
RemixSite construct to the SST family of constructs.
It allows you to:
- Access other AWS resources in your Remix loaders and actions.
- Reference environment variables from your backend.
- Easily set custom domains.
- Host your Remix apps in single-region or on the Edge.
We hosted a launch livestream on YouTube where we did a deep dive of the construct and its features.
We also, took a look at the internal architecture and the construct code. Here’s roughly what we covered.
- Environment variables
- Access AWS services
- Custom domains
- Deploy to Edge
- How to get started
- Deep dive into the code
- How does it work with
- Why is the non-Edge setup the default?
- Should we be talk to the DB directly?
- Does the app size impact deploy time?
- What about the cache policy limit?
- Which Remix deployment target to use?
The video is timestamped, so you can jump ahead.
You can get started with the
RemixSite construct by taking our example for a spin:
$ npx create-sst@latest --template=examples/remix-app my-sst-app $ cd my-sst-app $ npm install $ npx sst start # Deploy to prod $ npx sst deploy --stage prod
Also make sure to check out the docs.